FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT

                                                                       PATIENCE

Patience is waiting with grace and it's what enables us to live in this demanding world and still have love, joy, peace, and all the fruits of the Spirit....ROM. 8:26 says, " But if we have hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.  In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness."

Take a moment to stop what you're doing, slow down and focus on Jesus. Pray and ask Him to open your eyes to see as you read the Scriptures and to open your ears to hear as you wait on the leading of the Spirit.

Sometimes I really struggle with being patient. How about you?. I bet there are areas in all our lives where we feel impatient at times. For example...waiting in line at the grocery store, sitting in traffic, etc..

Patience can be one of the most  challenging fruits of the  Spirit to cultivate. It's hard to wait on God and others. When you find yourself in the waiting room of life, use these prayers to help you plug into God's power to give you the strength you need.

Lord, my human nature desires to act rashly and speak harshly. I think this will bring the change I want in the world.  Your word reminds me that  patience and softness are what genuinely have an impact. Help me to remember that impatience  leads to poor choices, but patience leads to wise ones. Proverbs 25:15

God, help me to always remember that you have shown great patience with me for my entire life. I know that there are going to be people in my life who genuinely try my patience. In these times, help me to remember  the patience  of your character, which breeds mercy. Help me to show the same patience that I have been given so that others might be transformed. 1 Tim. 1:16 

The word for PATIENCE IN GALATIANS 5:22  means "LONG TEMPER ", in the sense of " the ability  to hold one's  temper for a long time"

IF THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT OF PATIENCE CAN LEAD TO HOPE AND PEACE, I'LL TAKE SOME OF THAT!

But this virtue of patience is not a private blessing for ourselves alone. Patience enables us to love our neighbor and to extend grace to those who are also in the process of learning patience. 

Patience is waiting, but it is waiting with a proven hope in God. Patience is nothing less than becoming more like Christ who is ever patient with us. May we gladly yield to the Holy Spirit as he works his fruit in us.


Jesus, you died upon a cross  and rose again to save the lost, Forgive me now of all my sin, come be my Savior, Lord, and friend, change my life and make it new, help me Lord to live for You.

Many blessings to your home,

Jesus is just a whisper away!

Shalom to your home

Till next time,

LJ




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RECEIVING GOD'S LOVE

ANGER

The Power of Prayer